The 2016 Rio Olympics is said to be the richest in the 120 year Olympic history. The fact that the Olympic bosses relaxed its marketing rules has also played a part in making this year’s games in Rio the richest in their history. The stakeholders opened their doors to non-sponsors for the first time as an attempt to swell its reach. This move has come out to be a bit controversial as official sponsors will have to share the athletes of the likes of Usain Bolt and Michael Phelps with non-sponsors too – non-sponsors who have not paid a dime to the IOC of Rio 2016! Going further into this would drag us out of the topic; so let’s get to the crux of this blog! Ads…
Thanks to the amendment made by the IOC, the Olympics this year has brought us a slew of interesting and exciting commercials. The best of our advertising minds have come together to throw their gavel on them and here’s a handful of great ones – TAKE A LOOK!
- Samsung’s Anthem: Samsung truly took advantage of the attention the Rio games were expected to grab to send out a message for the need of unity and a world without wars, strife and terrorism. See it here or read a detailed review here.
- Nike’s, Unlimited You: Nike shattered its ‘Just Do It’ tagline in their new TVC depicting athletes, both known and unknown. The narrator losing control of the advertisement is hilarious! Take a look here.
- Gillette’s, Perfect Isn’t Pretty: Although it is darker compared to the others, it cannot get inspirational then this! Watch it here.
- P&G’s, Thank You Mom: Emotional and uplifting, this advertising campaign will bring tears of joy! Enjoy it here.
- United Airlines’, One Journey, Two Teams: A fun montage of American team set to compete at the Rio games. View it here.
- McDonalds’, #FriendsWin: McDonalds’ latest is a fun campaign to unite the world. Enjoy it here.
Author: Don Subba